Monday 12 March 2012

partying there...


man's legs, saikat's friend's wedding, somewhere in bangladesh, feb. 2012
we drove for ages, after getting into a cng, after waiting on a bridge, finally picked up by saikats friends, getting into a hypermodern car with hindi pop music movies, nonstop. it was time for the girls. in different types they danced and sang themselves through the videos, sexy posing on and off the floor.

i am not a feminist, but I kind of dislike the idea to movie woman from a pure housewife into a pure sex symbol.

wedding place, saikat's friend's wedding, somewhere in bangladesh, feb. 2012

the wedding was in the forest, in a little village, houses surrounded the little temple they made.

the brother of the bride stood in front of me: you fell asleep before the best and most colorful part happened. I just looked at him. It was 6 am. i slept for one hour. Behind me in the room they still carried on with the last game.

I did not wanted to fall asleep. really. it just happened. i sat on the bride’s bed, next to the sleeping child. next to me shutopa. I just closed my eyes. Then shutopa said, ‘lay down’. but I refused.
when I fell asleep they made the 6th round around the temple. it was 5 am and I tried my best to stay up. 
groom, saikat's friend's wedding, somewhere in bangladesh,



feb. 2012

the wedding started at 2 am. because of some moon position. not the best time I would say.

chairs, saikat's friend's wedding, somewhere in bangladesh, feb. 2012

No comments: