Tuesday 24 April 2012

same same but different

selling, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
 

Bandra is hip, is fancy, is rich. People from bollywood, Music, Art, design are hanging out here. Prizes for a place is around the same as in munich. Almost the same. And for people from india very expensive. 


camel, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
cupboard, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
prsent, bandra, mumbai, april 2012

I used to live in london and i used to work in Notting Hill in a fancy pub. It was great. Stuff were nice, customers relaxed, had enough money and time to hang around and food was great.

Waitressing is a perfect way for me to get to know people. Working with People and serving People with non photography or journalism background is Not just a perfect spot to get your mind away from any annoying profession but also gets you into a lot of different lives which are sometimes hidden treasures. And the good thing as a waitress. In the First Place you are a waitress. Just if you want you can reveal yourself as somebody else.



post, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
post2, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
When i can remember notting hill one thing (next to a Lot of Other Things which are unnecessary here to Tell), which got stuck in my head, was the pity look i got sometimes from these really nice new rich organic hipsters.

I know, i never look good or if it comes bad i look devastated. my clothes are far off the best, i never had money and i ate food from leftovers. Quite a good base for People feeling pitty for me.

But i was happy. Sometimes, usual rate. 


stall, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
entrace, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
shop, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
even more, bandra, mumbai, april 2012
mango, bandra, mumbai, april 2012

I am living in bandra for the next month. I wanted to work here as a waitress. Unfortunally it won't work out. Too less payed but above all not my Social class. You just don't do it here. The manager would not understand.

I did not give it a try. I was afraid entering a zone i was not allowed in.


owner, bandra, mumbai, april 2012

No comments: